St. John's has resumed public worship services with certain guidelines.
1) If you are feeling sick please do not come to church. If you are running a temperature, have a cough, etc., please just stay home and join us in worship on the radio at stjohnsconover.com/listen or on our YouTube channel youtube.com/stjohnsconover. Staying home when sick is an important part of loving our neighbor.
2) If you are considered high risk for complications if exposed to the Covid-19, please prayerfully consider staying home and joining us online or on the radio. We will not look down on people who choose to worship with us at home because of health considerations. We are blessed to have our worship services available on the radio and YouTube,it is okay to use these options during this pandemic.
3) Please use hand sanitizer as soon as you come into the church.
4) Every other pew in our church shall remain empty during our worship services for the time being. Pews to remain vacant will be marked.
5) There can only be two family units (or less) in a pew with one family sitting close to the center aisle and one family sitting next to the outside aisle. The middle part of the pew shall be left empty.
6) We will not be using hymnals for the time-being and they are removed from the pews. We will also not be using the fellowship pads and they too have been removed.
7) Face masks are required to be worn. For more information, including exemptions, reference NC Phase 2 Extension FAQs.
8) People will be ushered out of church to avoid congestion. People sitting in the back of the church will leave first.
9) We will not pass the offering plates for the time being. You will pass an offering plate on your way into church, please place your offering there. Online giving is available at stjohnsconover.com/donate.
10) Ushers will not be handing out bulletins or children’s bulletins. They will be on a stand and you can pick one up for yourself. The bulletins are also available at stjohnsconover.com/bulletin.
11) The church will be sanitized after each use. Please consider volunteering to help with this.
12) Communion is served during the 10:30 service on the 1st and 3rd Sundays and during the 8:00 service on the 2nd and 4th Sundays. We will not be able to kneel at the altar for the time being. Two families/individuals will be served communion on a side at a time. Please maintain social distancing while waiting to come forward. Keep your face mask on at all times except when receiving the elements into your mouth. Those preparing the sacrament and those serving the sacrament will be gloved and masked. In order to maintain safe social distancing at the altar, common cup communion will only be available after the service. Please talk to one of the pastors if interested.
13) Children's Sunday School: We are taking necessary precautions to keep kids safe as we start to meet again. Classes will meet in larger rooms to have space to spread the children out so they are not right by each other. Pre-K through 1st grade meet in the adult classroom downstairs near the preschool classrooms. 2nd through 4th grade meet in the Joy Room. 5th through 8th grade meet in the Good Shepherd Room. There will be hand sanitizer for kids to use as they come in, and teachers will show them where to sit so they stay spread out.
14) Children are to remain in their seats and refrain from coming up to the children's message.